Learn about the Florida Poodle Rescue adoption process.
We strive to make wise and permanent placements for each poodle. Remember, the more conditions that you make (i.e. color, coat type, age, and sex) in your Adoption Application, the longer it will take. Please be open-minded to the different qualities that each poodle has to offer.
What type of poodles can I adopt?
- Rescued poodles are representative of all three breed sizes: Toy Poodles, Miniature Poodles or Standard Poodles.
- Most rescued poodles are adults puppies are rarely available.
Do any poodles have special needs?
- Many rescued poodles have special needs not all homes are suitable for placement.
- Some of these poodles are older some have suffered extraordinary abuse and require more patience and understanding.
- Other rescued poodles just have special criteria for their new home such as no children or no other pets.
What about my adopted poodles health?
- Florida Poodle Rescue, Inc ensures that each rescued poodle is spayed or neutered, and examined by a veterinarian.
- Florida Poodle Rescue, Inc provides adoptive poodle parents with copies of all veterinary medical & shot records.
How do I file a Poodle Adoption Application?
- An online application to adopt a poodle from Florida Poodle Rescue, Inc. is available at www.floridapoodlerescue.org or if you prefer, an application can be printed and mailed. You may request a printed application by calling 727-265-1766.
- If the Poodle you want has already been adopted then we will try to match one to your request.
- Filling out an application does not guarantee adoption all applicants are thoroughly screened and must meet certain qualifications before being referred for a poodle.
- Compatible poodles may not be immediately available; your patience is appreciated.
Are there Adoption Fees or Other Expenses?
- A donation to Florida Poodle Rescue, Inc. is required to adopt a poodle.
- Donation fees to adopt range from approximately $150 to $500 depending upon the age, health and special needs of the specific poodle.
- Poodles do not shed but, they require regular grooming it is important to note this is an expense that needs to be considered when thinking about adopting a poodle.
By submitting your Adoption Application, you are making a formal request to adopt a poodle from Florida Poodle Rescue, Inc. We greatly appreciate only sincere & serious applications. If you have applied somewhere else, and get a dog, please let us know. Reviewing the applications takes a large amount of time.